Friendship is a word the vely sight of which im print makes the heart warm.
An ordinary man can surround himself with two thousand books and thenceforward have at least one place in the world in which it is possible to be happy.
One whom it is easier to hate, but still easier to quote—Alexander Pope.
Good as it is to inherit a library, it is better to collect one.
Milton calls the university A stony-hearted step-mother.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- E. F. L. Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax British Politician
- David Lloyd George British Liberal Statesman
- William Ewart Gladstone English Liberal Statesman
- John Morley, 1st Viscount Morley of Blackburn British Statesman
- Sir Thomas Buxton, 1st Baronet English Politician
- Enoch Powell British Politician
- Winston Churchill British Head of State
- Ramsay MacDonald British Head of State
- Henry St John, 1st Viscount Bolingbroke English Politician
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton British Author, Politician