Whoever honors his own sect and disparages another man’s, whether from blind loyalty or with the intention of showing his own sect in a favorable light, does his own sect the greatest possible harm. Concord is best, with each hearing and respecting the other’s teachings.
All men are my children. As for my own children I desire that they may be provided with all the welfare and happiness of this world and of the next, so do I desire for all men as well.
I have enforced the law against killing certain animals and many others, but the greatest progress of righteousness among men comes from the exhortation in favor of non-injury to life and abstention from killing living beings.
Topics: Lawyers, Law
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- The 14th Dalai Lama Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader
- Shantideva Indian Buddhist Scholar
- Aung San Suu Kyi Burmese Political Activist
- S. N. Goenka Burmese Mediation Teacher
- Nagarjuna Indian Buddhist Philosopher
- Thich Nhat Hanh Vietnamese Buddhist Religious Leader
- B. R. Ambedkar Indian Political Leader