Trying to grow up is hurting, you know. You make mistakes. You try to learn from them, and when you don’t, it hurts even more.
I think the hardest thing is losing weight. That’s the hardest thing more than anything else.
If a song’s about something I’ve experienced or that could’ve happened to me it’s good. But if it’s alien to me, I couldn’t lend anything to it. Because that’s what soul is all about.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ella Fitzgerald American Singer, Composer
- Billie Holiday American Jazz Singer
- Diana Ross American Singer, Actress
- Charles Mingus American Jazz Bassist, Composer
- B. B. King American Blues Musician
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Ray Charles American Singer
- Barbra Streisand American Musician
- Dolly Parton American Musician, Actress
- Doris Day American Actor