The most natural beauty in the world is honesty and moral truth; for all beauty is truth. True features make the beauty of a face; and true proportions the beauty of architecture; as true measures that of harmony and music. In poetry, which is all fable, truth still is the perfection.
—Anthony Ashley Cooper, 1st Earl of Shaftesbury
Topics: Beauty, Success, Truth, Poetry, Winning
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ramsay MacDonald British Head of State
- John Morley, 1st Viscount Morley of Blackburn British Statesman
- Neville Chamberlain British Head of State
- George Savile, 1st Marquess of Halifax British Statesman, Writer
- William Penn American Entrepreneur
- Queen Elizabeth I British Monarch
- Tony Blair British Statesman
- J. R. R. Tolkien British Philologist, Writer
- E. F. L. Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax British Politician
- Winston Churchill British Head of State