I am always surprised when I see several cameras, a gaggle on lenses, filters, meters, et cetera, rattling around in a soft bag with a complement of refuse and dust. Sometimes the professional is the worst offender!
A great photograph is a full expression of what one feels about what is being photographed in the deepest sense, and is, thereby, a true expression of what one feels about life in its entirety.
In my mind’s eye, I visualize how a particular … sight and feeling will appear on a print. If it excites me, there is a good chance it will make a good photograph. It is an intuitive sense, an ability that comes from a lot of practice.
It is all very beautiful and magical here – a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breathe it, let the sun bake into you. The skies and the lands are so enormous, and the detail so precise and exquisite that wherever you are you are isolated into a glowing world between the macro and the micro, where everything is sidewise under you and over you, and the clocks stopped long ago.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Duke Ellington American Musician
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- Maria Mitchell American Astronomer
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Douglas R. Hofstadter American Scientist, Author
- John Cage American Composer
- Rachel Carson American Biologist
- David McCullough American Historian
- Sandra Day O’Connor American Jurist
- Georgia O’Keeffe American Painter