I am too conscious of mine own imperfections to rake into and dilate upon the failings of other men; and though I carry always some ill-nature about me, yet it is, I hope, no more than is in this world necessary for a preservative.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Abraham Cowley English Poet
- John Dryden English Poet
- Bernard Mandeville Anglo-Dutch Philosopher, Satirist
- William Wordsworth English Poet
- William Blake English Poet
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge English Poet
- Robert Browning English Poet
- John Milton English Poet
- William Cowper English Anglican Poet
- Percy Bysshe Shelley English Poet