There was a time when we expected nothing of our children but obedience, as opposed to the present, when we expect everything of them but obedience.
We are all tourists in history, and irony is what we win in wars.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Bayard Taylor American Poet
- Harold Bloom American Literary Critic, Author
- George Edward Woodberry American Literary Critic
- Van Wyck Brooks American Literary Critic
- Diana Trilling American Literary Critic
- John Churton Collins English Literary Critic
- F. L. Lucas English Literary Critic
- Francis Jeffrey, Lord Jeffrey Scottish Judge, Critic
- Alexander Woollcott American Critic
- George Jean Nathan American Drama Critic