Each individual should work for himself. People will not sacrifice themselves for the company. They come to work at the company to enjoy themselves.
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failures and introspections. In fact, success represents 1% of your work that results from the 99% that is called failure.
Topics: Success, Reflection
I happened on the idea of fitting an engine to a bicycle simply because I did not want to ride crowded trains and buses.
If you hire only those people you understand, the company will never get people better than you are. Always remember that you often find outstanding people among those you don’t particularly like.
We only have one future, and it will be made of our dreams, if we have the courage to challenge convention.
There is a Japanese proverb that literally goes ‘Raise the sail with your stronger hand,’ meaning you must go after the opportunities that arise in life that you are best equipped to do.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Alexander Graham Bell Scottish-born American Inventor
- Charles F. Kettering American Inventor
- Thomas Edison American Inventor
- Akira Kurosawa Japanese Film Director
- Miyamoto Musashi Japanese Samurai Warrior, Artist
- Yoko Ono Japanese Artist, Musician
- D. T. Suzuki Japanese Buddhist Philosopher
- Masanobu Fukuoka Japanese Buddhist Polymath
- Taisen Deshimaru Japanese Buddhist Teacher
- Robert H. Goddard American Inventor