You are accepted! … accepted by that which is greater than you and the name of which you do not know. Do not ask the name now, perhaps you will know it later. Do not try to do anything perhaps later you will do much. flo not seek for anything, do not perform anything do not intend anything. Simply accept the fact that you are accepted.
Topics: God, Faith, Divinity
I hope for the day when everyone can speak again of God without embarrassment.
We can speak without voice to the trees and the clouds and the waves of the sea. Without words they respond through the rustling of leaves and the moving of clouds and the murmuring of the sea.
Loneliness can be conquered only by those who can bear solitude.
Doubt isn’t the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith.
Love that cares, listens.
Religion is the state of being grasped by an ultimate concern, a concern which qualifies all other concerns as preliminary and which itself contains the answer to the question of a meaning of our life.
Being religious means asking passionately the question of the meaning of our existence and being willing to receive answers, even if the answers hurt.
Faith consists in being vitally concerned with that ultimate reality to which I give the symbolical name of God. Whoever reflects earnestly on the meaning of life is on the verge of an act of faith.
Decision is a risk rooted in the courage of being free.
I loved thee beautiful and kind, And plighted an eternal vow; So altered are thy face and mind, t’were perjury to love thee now!
Man is asked to make of himself what he is supposed to become to fulfill his destiny.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ole Hallesby Norwegian Lutheran Theologian
- Karl Barth Swiss Protestant Theologian
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer German Lutheran Pastor
- Reinhold Niebuhr American Theologian
- Johann Gottfried Herder German Poet, Literary Critic
- Albert Schweitzer French Theologian
- Martin Luther German Protestant Theologian
- Anthony de Mello Indian-born American Theologian
- Tryon Edwards American Theologian
- Archibald Alexander Hodge American Presbyterian Theologian