I will frankly tell you that my experience in prolonged scientific investigations convinces me that a belief in God—a God who is behind and within the chaos of vanishing points of human knowledge—adds a wonderful stimulus to the man who attempts to penetrate into the regions of the unknown.
Every great scientific truth goes through three stages.—First, people say it conflicts with the Bible.—Next they say it had been discovered before. Lastly, they say they always believed it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles Darwin British Naturalist
- Albert Einstein German-born Theoretical Physicist
- Harvey Williams Cushing American Neurosurgeon, Biographer
- Michael Faraday British Physicist, Chemist
- Claude Bernard French Physiologist
- Louis Pasteur French Biologist
- Niels Bohr Danish Physicist
- Stephen Jay Gould American Paleontologist
- E. O. Wilson American Sociobiologist
- Maria Mitchell American Astronomer