True gentleness is love in society, holding intercourse with those around it.—It is considerateness; it is tenderness of feeling; it is promptitude of sympathy; it is love in all its depths, and in all its delicacy.—It is everything included in that matchless grace, “the gentleness of Christ.”
A name truly good is the aroma from virtuous character; it is a spontaneous emanation from genuine excellence.—Such a name is not only remembered on earth, but it is written in heaven.
Goodness is love in action,
love with its hand to the plow,
love with the burden on its back,
love following his footsteps
who went about continually doing good.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jane Fonda American Actress
- Rudy Giuliani American Politician
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Helen Gurley Brown American Publisher
- Thomas Edison American Inventor
- Herman Melville American Novelist
- Grace Hopper American Mathematician
- Burt Reynolds American Actor
- B. C. Forbes Scottish-born American Journalist