Life is fruitful in the ratio in which it is laid out in noble action or patient perseverance.
The restless mind of man cannot but press a principle to the real limit of its application, even though centuries should intervene between the premises and the conclusion.
What we do upon some great occasion will probably depend on what we already are; and what we are will be the result of previous years of self-discipline.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Conyers Middleton English Clergyman
- Marie Stopes British Author, Social Activist
- John Keble English Religious Leader
- Richard Hooker English Theologian, Political Theorist
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge English Poet
- Samuel Rutherford Scottish Presbyterian Theologian
- Anthony de Mello Indian-born American Theologian
- George Matheson Scottish Theologian
- Karl Barth Swiss Protestant Theologian
- Johann Jacob Zimmermann German Nonconformist Theologian