In time of trouble avert not thy face from hope, for the soft marrow abideth in the hard bone.
When all your desires are distilled you will cast just two votes: To love more, and be happy.
There is an ambush everywhere from the army of accidents; therefore the rider of life runs with loosened reins.
On the neck of a young man sparkles no gem so gracious as enterprise.
Greatness is always built on this foundation: the ability to appear, speak and act, as the most common man.
Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth,’You owe me.’ Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky.
I wish I could show you, when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing Light of your own Being.
This place where you are right now, God circled on a map for you.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi Persian Muslim Mystic
- Sa’Di (Musharrif Od-Din Muslih Od-Din) Persian Poet
- Swami Vivekananda Indian Hindu Monk, Mystic
- Paramahansa Yogananda Indian Hindu Mystic
- Aleister Crowley English Occultist
- Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan British Sufi Mystic
- Ramana Maharshi Indian Hindu Mystic
- Sophie Swetchine Russian Mystic, Writer
- Omar Khayyam Persian Mathematician
- Francis Thompson English Poet