Integrity can neither be lost nor concealed nor faked nor quenched nor artificially come by nor outlived nor, I believe, in the long run denied.
Never think you’ve seen the last of anything.
Learning to write may be part of learning to read. For all I know, writing comes out of a superior devotion to reading.
Writing a story or a novel is one way of discovering sequence in experience, of stumbling upon cause and effect in the happenings of a writer’s own life.
Childhood’s learning is made up of moments. It isn’t steady. It’s a pulse.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- William H. Gass American Novelist
- Damon Runyon American Writer, Journalist
- Andre Dubus American Short Story Writer
- V. S. Pritchett British Short Story Writer
- Saki (Hector Hugh Munro) British Short Story Writer
- Anton Chekhov Russian Short Story Writer
- Katherine Mansfield British Author
- Saul Bellow Canadian-born American Novelist
- Louise Erdrich American Children’s Books Writer
- Sarah Orne Jewett American Children’s Books Writer