That’s the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it’s impossible to ever see the end. The fog is like a cage without a key.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles A. Reich American Jurist, Author
- Doris Kearns Goodwin American Historian
- Joan Didion American Essayist, Novelist, Memoirist
- Linda Ellerbee American Journalist
- Katherine Anne Porter American Writer
- Nora Ephron American Filmmaker
- Anthony Bourdain American Chef, TV Personality
- Truman Capote American Novelist
- Herbert Hoover American Statesman
- Gloria Vanderbilt American Artist, Socialite