The function of intellect is to provide a means of modifying our reactions to the circumstances of life, so that we may secure pleasure, the symptom of welfare.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Carol Dweck American Psychologist
- B. F. Skinner American Psychologist
- E. O. Wilson American Sociobiologist
- James Harvey Robinson American Historian
- Charles Sanders Peirce American Philosopher
- John Dewey American Philosopher
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- Lionel Trilling American Critic
- Henry Steele Commager American Historian
- Franz Boas American Anthropologist