I don’t like the sound of all the lists he’s making—it’s like taking too many notes at school; you feel you’ve achieved something when you haven’t.
I have found that sitting in a place where you have never sat before can be inspiring.
When things mean a very great deal to you, exciting anticipation just isn’t safe.
The family – that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Graham Greene British Novelist
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- J. B. Priestley British Novelist, Playwright, Essayist
- William Shakespeare British Playwright
- Israel Zangwill English Writer, Political Activist
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan Irish-born British Playwright
- Arnold Bennett British Novelist
- Doris Lessing British Novelist, Poet
- Gladys Bronwyn Stern British Novelist
- Agatha Christie British Novelist