You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give your gift away.
If you could get up the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.
There is some place where your specialties can shine. Somewhere that difference can be expressed. It’s up to you to find it, and you can.
Even those who venture to dip a toe in the pond of risk never allow themselves to get used to the water.
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
To fail is a natural consequence of trying, To succeed takes time and prolonged effort in the face of unfriendly odds. To think it will be any other way, no matter what you do, is to invite yourself to be hurt and to limit your enthusiasm for trying again.
Topics: Trying, Failure
Once a person says, “This is who I really am, what I am all about, what I was really meant to do,” it is easier to decide how to spend one’s time.
In the end, the only people who fail are those who do not try.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- M. Scott Peck American Psychiatrist
- William Glasser American Psychiatrist
- Karl Menninger American Psychiatrist
- Theodore Isaac Rubin American Psychiatrist, Author
- Thomas Szasz Hungarian Psychiatrist
- R. D. Laing British Psychiatrist
- Norman Vincent Peale American Clergyman, Self-Help Author
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross American Psychiatrist
- Laura Schlessinger American Broadcaster
- Harry Browne American Politician