Prune these alleged friends ruthlessly from your life. You need all the positive reinforcement you can get. You need friends who think you’re fabulous, an angel in human shape, and a breath of springtime.
Never judge someone by who he’s in love with; judge him by his friends. People fall in love with the most appalling people. Take a cool, appraising glance at his pals.
Topics: Judgment, Judges, Judging
You never get anywhere until you figure out the difference between passion and compassion.
Reading is an escape, an education, a delving into the brain of another human being on such an intimate level that every nuance of thought, every snapping of synapse, every slippery desire of the author is laid open before you like, well, a book.
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Topics: To Be Born Everyday, Creativity, Fools, Imagination, Foolishness, Acting
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Dorothy Bryant American Novelist
- Carson McCullers American Novelist
- Evelyn Scott American Novelist
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Betty Smith American Author
- Zora Neale Hurston American Novelist
- Carrie Fisher American Actress
- Marjorie Kellogg American Author
- Maya Angelou American Poet
- Jean Kerr Irish-American Writer