We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.
I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves.
I don’t care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.
The monopoly capitalists – even while employing purely empirical methods – weave around art a complicated web which converts it into a willing tool. The superstructure of society ordains the type of art in which the artist has to be educated. Rebels are subdued by its machinery and only rare talents may create their own work. The rest become shameless hacks or are crushed.
Topics: The Artist
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.
Our every action is a battle cry against imperialism, and a battle hymn for the people’s unity against the great enemy of mankind: the United States of America. Wherever death may surprise us, let it be welcome, provided that this, our battle cry, may have reached some receptive ear, that another hand may be extended to wield our weapons, and that other men be ready to intone our funeral dirge with the staccato singing of the machine guns and new battle cries of war and victory.
Topics: Death, Action, Battle
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Benjamin Franklin American Founding Father, Inventor
- Nelson Mandela South African Political leader
- William Jennings Bryan American Political leader
- Edmund Burke British Philosopher, Statesman
- Laurens van der Post South African Explorer, Writer
- Henry L. Stimson American Political leader
- Dante Alighieri Italian Poet, Philosopher
- Adolf Hitler German Fascist Dictator
- Mohandas K. Gandhi Indian Hindu Political leader
- Stella Isaacs, Marchioness of Reading English Humanitarian