A minority group has “arrived” only when it has the right to produce some fools and scoundrels without the entire group paying for it.
There aren’t any embarrassing questions—just embarrassing answers.
It is often easier to become outraged by injustice half a world away than by oppression and discrimination half a block from home.
My advice to any diplomat who wants to have a good press is to have two or three kids and a dog.
Nothing wilts faster than laurels that have been rested upon.
We emphasize that we believe in change because we were born of it, we have lived by it, we prospered and grew great by it. So the status quo has never been our god, and we ask no one else to bow down before it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mark Victor Hansen American Public Speaker
- Langston Hughes American Poet, Writer
- William Safire American Columnist
- Maureen Dowd American Columnist
- Norman Cousins American Journalist
- George Will American Columnist
- H. L. Mencken American Journalist, Literary Critic
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- Robert M. Pirsig American Writer
- Clare Boothe Luce American Playwright