I’ve been lucky. Opportunities don’t often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.
Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering — because you can’t take it in all at once.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you’ll find one at the end of your arm … As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I’d invented it, because it is very true.
I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience.
I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charlie Chaplin British Actor
- Laurence Olivier English Actor, Producer,, Director
- Ingrid Bergman Swedish Actor
- Helen Hayes American Actor
- Elizabeth Taylor American Actress
- John Lennon British Singer
- Meryl Streep American Actor
- Shirley MacLaine American Actor
- Richard Burton Welsh Actor
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer