A leader is best when people barely know that he exists.
Name me no names for my disease,
With uninforming breath;
I tell you I am none of these,
But homesick unto death.
I am a miser of my memories of you
And will not spend them.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Gertrude Stein American Writer
- Celia Thaxter American Poet
- John Jay Chapman American Biographer
- A. E. Housman English Scholar, Poet
- W. H. Auden British-born American Poet
- Emily Dickinson American Poet
- Theodore Roethke American Poet
- Edgar Allan Poe American Poet
- Kimberly Johnson American Poet
- John Vance Cheney American Poet