God has so made the mind of man that a peculiar deliciousness resides in the fruits of personal industry.
O what a blessing is Sunday, interposed between the waves of worldly business like the divine path of the Israelites through the sea! There is nothing in which I would advise you to be more strictly conscientious than in keeping the Sabbath day holy. I can truly declare that to me the Sabbath has been invaluable.
Of all things, guard against neglecting God in the secret place of prayer.
Lovely flowers are the smiles of God’s goodness.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Wesley British Methodist Religious Leader
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux Scottish Jurist, Politician
- Jane Austen English Novelist
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge English Poet
- Isaac Newton English Physicist
- Samuel Johnson British Essayist
- Charles Darwin British Naturalist
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson British Poet
- John Newton English Clergyman, Writer
- William Cowper English Anglican Poet