Not only do we have a right to know, we have a duty to know what our Government is doing in our name. If there’s a criticism to be made today, it’s that the press isn’t doing enough to put the pressure on the government to provide information.
It is a seldom proferred argument as to the advantages of a free press that it has a major function in keeping the government itself informed as to what the government is doing.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Diane Sawyer American Journalist
- Hugh Downs American Television Host
- Dan Rather American Newscaster
- Charles Kuralt American Journalist
- Duke Ellington American Musician
- Lowell Thomas American Writer
- Edward R. Murrow American Journalist
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Julia Child American Cook, Author
- Charles Sanders Peirce American Philosopher