You’ve got to be in top physical condition. Fatigue makes cowards of us all.
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
Topics: Determination, Willpower, Will Power, Will
Leadership is based on a spiritual quality; the power to inspire, the power to inspire others to follow.
If winning isn’t everything then why do they keep score?
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.
Topics: Determination, Success & Failure
It’s easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you’re a winner, when you’re number one. What you’ve got to have is faith and discipline when you’re not yet a winner.
Topics: Faith, Optimism
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.
Football is blocking and tackling. Everything else is mythology.
Run for daylight.
It is time for us all to cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it.
The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Vince Lombardi, Jr. American Football Player, Coach
- Tom Landry American Sportsperson
- Joe Paterno American Sportsperson
- Mike Ditka American Sportsperson
- Yogi Berra American Sportsperson
- Mario Andretti Italian-born American Sportsperson
- Woody Hayes American Sportsperson
- Michael Jordan American Sportsperson
- Babe Ruth American Baseball Player
- Tiger Woods American Sportsperson