Being at the center of a film is a burden one takes on with innocence—the first time. Thereafter, you take it on with trepidation.
You don’t merely give over your creativity to making a film—you give over your life! In theatre, by contrast, you live these two rather strange lives simultaneously; you have no option but to confront the mould on last night’s washing-up.
Topics: Actors, Acting
I suppose I have a highly developed capacity for self-delusion, so it’s no problem for me to believe that I’m somebody else.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Cleese British Comic Actor, Writer
- Patrick Stewart British Actor
- Dustin Hoffman American Actor
- Alec Guinness English Actor
- Stephen Fry English Actor, Writer
- Michael Palin English Actor, Writer, Television Traveler
- Anthony Hopkins Welsh-American Actor
- Roger Moore English Actor
- John Gielgud British Actor, Director
- Cedric Hardwicke English Actor